Long Term Plan for Water Supplies Pt II
Title: Long Term Plan for Water Supplies Pt II
Broadcast: 17th October 2015
Presenter: Christina Morrissy
Taking off from earlier in the show, Chrissy shows us some useful ways as how we can save water within our own homes in the long run.
- Pools lose around 20,000 litres of water a year to evaporation. Coevering your pool with a pool blanket can help you save up to 55 litres of water a day.
- The best time to water a garden is before 9am in the morning, so the water has time to soak beneath the surface.
- For those who are new to waterwise gardening, the Water Corporation’s site is a wealth of information.
- Great gardeners improve the soul every time they dig for good reason; the healthier your soil, the more drought resistant your plants will be. Use soil improvers and wetting agents to improve nutrient and water holding capacity, and always keep an eye out for bags and products containing the waterwise symbols, they mean that product is designed for WA’s climate and for their water saving qualities.
- Adding a chunky layer of mulch to protect your garden, a layer of 5 – 10cm of mulch will help reduce evaporation loss and save water.
Water Corporation: Contact - 13 10 39