New Release Plants
Title: New Release Plants
Broadcast: 17th October 2015
Presenter: Melissa King
This season’s hottest new release plants all have something different to offer – some boast new flower colours, some you’d grow for their foliage alone, some support a great cause and others are just plain gorgeous.
- If you’re looking to try something tasty and different, you’ll love the new Repunzel Long Trusses. It produces super long trusses – up to 40cm long – of sweet red cherry tomatoes.
- French Sunset is a French style marigold, which boasts spectacular fiery red blooms that age bronze and gold. Marigolds love growing through the warmer months, so spring is a great time to get them in the ground.
- Coming from the Gorgeous collection, ‘Flaming Gorgeous’ features foliage in a blend of russet tones and then there’s ‘Blonde and Gorgeous’ with lime and caramel coloured foliage.
- Teucrium clips really well, making it a fabulous hedge with attractive silvery foliage and sky blue flowers from Autumn through to late Spring when the garden needs colour.
- ‘Mother and Child’, like ‘Mother and Daughter’, is a magnificent rose that celebrates the bond between mother and child, and will follow the same tradition, raising funds for Motor Neurone Disease Research. It’s a hybrid tea, which produces clusters of incredibly scented dark pink flowers, with up to 10 blooms per stem from Spring right through to Autumn.
AS SEEN ON