Holman Industries Raised Garden Beds
Title: Holman Industries Raised Garden Beds
Broadcast: 24th October 2015
Presenter: Nigel Ruck
It’s a well known fact that raised garden beds are the way to go for your edibles, as well as creating a rich, fertile soil with good drainage, the elevated position makes for better ergonomics, less bending over which is much better for the back.
- A lot of people build raised garden beds out of sleepers, brick or stone but if you want something quick and easy to assemble with no tools required then Holman’s raised garden bed kit could be the one to go to.
- It’s extremely versatile, completely portable and modular with options to expand the unit not only horizontally but vertically as well.
- Once you’ve chosen a suitable spot start setting up the kit, no tools are needed because everything just slots together, no screws or bolts. And because it’s made of wood composite it will never rot or rust and is termite proof.
- Once the frame is assembled fill with a suitable soil mix that will provide good fertility as well as drainage. If using potting mix, add river sand with the soil for improved drainage and soil structure.
- The kit comes with a weed mat which you lay over the soil and plant through and a easy to set up watering system with a soaker hose and all the fittings.
- Cut a slice in the weed mat, plant into the soil below and then place the weed mat close around the plants.
- Regular watering is critical for healthy herbs and veggies and the kit’s watering system works best with an automatic, digital tap timer. You can set this to come on four times a day for a few minutes to ensure your young plants don’t dry out.
Holman Industries Raised Garden Beds: Contact – 08 9204 1011
Website - http://www.holmanindustries.com.au/