Dulux Weathershield Render Refresh
Title: Dulux Weathershield Render Refresh
Broadcast: 31st October 2015
Presenter: Nigel Ruck
As much as I like the clean smooth finish of rendered walls here in Australia, just like you and I, they can show signs of aging like cracks appearing and just general deterioration, lacking that once splendid luster that they once had with the colour fading.
- Like with any other painting project, preparation is critical for success, you need to make sure the wall is clean and free from any dust and debris and any paint is sound, the way to test for that is with a knife and some tape. Cut a small cross and stick the tape onto the wall and pull away. If any paint comes off, you will need to completely remove it. Do this test on a few places.
- Any mould can be removed with bleach or acid mould but make sure you wash the wall thoroughly afterwards.
- Render Refresh will fill in any hairline cracks with its unique bridging formula. Larger cracks would need an exterior crack filler. Use masking tape and drop sheets to cover and protect the ground and any other items. Once you are ready, it is time to start painting.
- There are numerous colour options with Dulux’s Render Refresh.
- The first job is to cover the bottom part of the wall with a paint brush and cardboard. The rest of the wall is done with a roller and it is vital to paint it fast before the bottom part dries out as otherwise, you would get a second coat creating an amateur effect known as ‘picture framing’.
- Dulux Render Refresh is a high build exterior render and masonry crack bridging paint designed for previously painted bricks, concrete, fibre cement boards and masonry.
- Its high build formula helps build and repair cracks and it provides a tough flexible finish, long life protection from all Australian weather conditions.
- It also helps resist mould, dirt and stains. It’s also guaranteed not to peel, blister and flake as long as you live in your house.
Dulux Weathershield Render Refresh: Contact -
Website - http://www.dulux.com.au/render-refresh