Verge Garden Restoration Part 2
Title: Verge Garden Restoration Part 2
TX Date: 19/03/2016
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
With a bit of help from our friends on Facebook and some hard work, we’re all working together to help turn this horrendous situation around.
- By making a few quick phone calls, Trevor gets hold of Richgro Garden products – a 100-year-old gardening company willing to show their support.
- He’s also called the Troforte people, who have provided Troforte M to spread across the topsoil and under the mulch. Troforte Planting Tablets are also being used, which are full of microbes that really take off as soon as they get moist.
- A Troforte combination of trace mineral nutrients and microbes is then used and put over the top of the soil to break down all the old leaf matter, transforming it into fertiliser.
- Water wise compliant plants are also a must, so our friends at Waldecks Garden Centre in Stirling have helped out with top quality plants that spread and don’t exceed 75-centermeters in height.
- Following the published guidelines, the team clears vegetation 1-meter in from the road and 1-meter in from the pathway.
- This is to ensure no trip or blockage hazards in place. All of the taller plants that were in breach of the regulations have been removed to provide clear visual access for cars moving in and out of the property.
- Sue loves her new verge and is very thankful to The Garden Guru team and all people and companies who helped. Together, they did an amazing job and it’s only going to get better and better as time goes on.
Richgro Garden Products
P: (08) 6258 7100
P: (08) 9302 1633
Waldecks Garden Centre
P: (08) 9254 6730