Title: Fleming’s Trees
Broadcast: Apr 29 2017
Presenter: Melissa King
If you’sre looking to choose the perfect tree for your garden –big or small– then who would you trust to help you choose the right tree? The team at Fleming’ss Nurseries, of course!
- Fleming’s have been growing from the ground up for nearly a century but they’sve also got their finger on the pulse of what’ss hot in gardens, streetscapes and landscapes. Today Mel speaks to the staff at Fleming’s about their favourite trees.
- Leanne Gillies lives and breathes trees and she’ss the heart and soul of Fleming’ss research and innovation team. Her favourite tree is the Magic series crepe myrtles.
- Fleming’s have just started to introduce some of those to market now; there are three that were released this year. They grow in a wide range of growing conditions.
- Jake Fleming is the Logistics Manager at Fleming’s. His favourite tree has to be the Betula utilis var. jacquemontii. It’ss a beautiful tree all year round, it grows wonderfully, and it’s got a really bright white bark and just looks spectacular all the time.
- Helen Owen is a stock controller and her favourite tree is the Acer Palmatum. It’s purple to orange leaf in autumn is just spectacular and it has a really nice slow to medium growth habit, following a nice shape and it’ss just different to all the green.
- Peter Todd, who looks after the Bare Root Nursery really likes the Parvifolia Reflection. Reflection is a superior form of the Chinese Elm and really has come on to such a beautiful shape; it’ss a magnificent tree and the perfect shade tree for your backyard.
P: (03) 9756 6105