Karrinyup Primary School
Title: Karrinyup Primary School
Broadcast: September 9th 2017
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Today, Trevor is at Karrinyup Primary School, where he learns about a sustainable garden program that has the whole school involved.
- Gardens are a great way to learn about nature, and gain an understanding of where your food comes from.
- At karrinyup primary school, the gardening lessons are led by former parent at the school, Mareena Grayden, who’s been here for 9 years.
- The program started with classes after school, and it’s only grown as more teachers have become involved.
- The garden is very much about recycling and repurposing, with everything in the garden being recycled. Right from the wooden garden beds, to the fencing and signs.
- The produce grown in the garden goes to the canteen, where they also make food for sports carnivals – the kids are involved in the cooking as well.
- It really is a great way for kids to learn about the environment, and where their food comes from.
The Garden Gurus