Smoked Beef Rib with Chimichurri
Title: Smoked Beef Rib with Chimichurri
Broadcast: Nov 11th
Presenter: Russell Blaikie
Ingredients for 6 people
- 2 pieces 3 bone beef ribs, ask your butcher for them cut from the chuck end, these are the meatiest ribs. They’ll weigh about 1.1kg each, so about 2.2 kg total
- Sea salt
- 12 soft tacos
- Some greens to add to tacos – rocket is perfect
- Japanese mayonnaise
- It is handy to have some vinyl disposable gloves for handling the beef
- American Mustard
- Sea salt and coarsely ground black pepper, mixed 50/50
- 1 cup picked and washed flat leaf parsley
- ½ cup picked and washed coriander
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 ea chopped shallots
- 80 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Juice of one lime
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- First salt the beef ribs generously all over, then leave in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, preferably up to 6 hours.
- Place the water bath in your smoker, light and pre-heat to 155c.
- Slather the ribs with mustard, then sprinkle with the salt-pepper mix all over.
- Place into the top section of your smoker. Add your favorite smoke woodchips over the fire and cook for 6-8 hours, until the ribs are tender (if you have a probe thermometer the internal temperature of the ribs should be 203C).
- Wrap the ribs in foil, and leave to rest in a warm place (an esky is a good spot to keep ribs warm) for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Pull the meat from the bone and Serve with warmed soft tacos with a drizzle of mayonnaise and a good dollop of chimichurri …a few salad greens will top these delicious beef rib tacos off!
- Blend ingredients together to a coarse paste in the bowl of a food processor, reserve in refrigerator.
The Garden Gurus