Grape & Fennel Seed Flatbread
Title: Grape & Fennel Seed Flatbread
Broadcast: Nov 18th
Presenter: Russell Blaikie
Ingredients for 6 serves:
- 325 ml water
- 10 grams dried yeast
- 500 grams strong (bread making) flour
- 10 grams salt
- 75 mls extra virgin olive oil
- 250 grams seedless grapes
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- Fresh thyme
- Extra Sea salt and extra virgin olive oil for sprinkling over the top
- Baking paper and baking tray for pizza oven
- Some spicy chorizo sausage to serve with your flatbread
- Pre-heat your pizza oven to 230C. Soak fennel seeds in a little warm water.
- Place the yeast with water into a large bowl and mix to dissolve. Leave for 5 minutes to activate the yeast.
- Add salt, flour and 75ml olive oil and stir together with a wooden spoon, it will vome together as a wet dough.
- Turn onto work surface and knead well. Place back into a clean, oiled bowl and allow to rest until doubled in size.
- Tip dough into baking tray which has been lined with baking paper, press into tray to evenly distribute dough and allow to rise to double again.
- Press grapes into dough, sprinkle with fennel seeds, thyme and sea salt and place into oven.
- Cook until golden brown and cooked through, this will take 10-12 minutes.
- Remove, drizzle with a little more olive oil and allow to cool before slicing and serving with grilled meat or tasty cheeses.
The Garden Gurus