Rainbow Coast Community Garden
Title: Rainbow Coast Community Garden
Broadcast: Mar 31st 2018
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
In Trevor’s view community gardens are all about sharing, a sense of pride and achievement and building community strength, the reason why he loves discovering new community gardens.
- Running for 10 years, the garden was moved a year ago and the volunteers spent time preparing the soil for the movement of the trees and plants, which is open to the whole community at all times.
- Growing from 3 volunteers a year ago to currently 15, they would like to be growing food for the soup kitchen and offering nutritional training.
- The garden encourages the community to learn more about horticulture and how to service the community with more horticultural businesses.
- People within the community are allowed to come and take produce for their meals
- A nursery is now operating and will be self-sustaining where the money from the nursery goes straight back into the garden
The Garden Gurus