Panorama Garden Estate
Title: Panorama Garden Estate
Broadcast: Mar 31st 2018
Presenter: Melissa King
Melissa visits the 55acre garden and wildlife reserve on the Mornington Peninsula, with 19 stunning gardens to walk through, with spectacular views across Port Phillip Bay and Bass Straight.
- Starting off from a small creek in the middle of the garden and inspiration from other parks gave a burning desire to keep building the gardens.
- The gardens owner Nick Smith says it has been a 20-year project that to him will never be finished.
- He plants and creates what he believes obviously should go there in his blank canvas.
- Nicks favorite garden is also home to over 1000 Dahlia bulbs, each year growing thicker and thicker with new flowers.
- One of the gardens use to be a rolling paddock and is now home to drought tolerant plants and plants giving form and structure, growing and developing over the last 6 years.
The Garden Gurus