The Gurus visit John Burgess
Title: The Gurus visit John Burgess
Broadcast: April 7th 2018
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Trevor meets up with Celebrity Gardener John Burgess.
- John Burgess tends to live in the sky so doesn’t really have his own garden, though overlooks the gardens at Crown Perth and loves being there so attempts to lay claim to them.
- Living walls are a great way to soften and bring to life a large wall and the Living wall located in The Crown Towers, John believes to be an excellent example.
- Tending to believe he kills more plants than what survives, John has actually had a lot of success with African Violets and has now turned to Orchids.
- The nickname ‘Baby John’ was given to John back in 1965 when he was the youngest working at the radio station. John then worked in Television and in 1984 Wheel of Fortune came to our screens with John as the Host.
- John still works in TV for Nine today and presents on 6IX radio in Western Australia.
The Garden Gurus