Mr. Fothergills Seed Paper Mats & Tape
Title: Mr. Fothergills Seed Paper Mats & Tape
Broadcast: October 27th 2018
Presenter: Bonnie-Marie Hibbs
When growing seeds there are a number of ways to sow them. I am going to show you some new ways to grow your fresh produce which is guaranteed to give you an abundance of rewards!
- Having a good soil texture and structure is a key step to successful sowing… Adding compost or aged animal manures to the soil can do wonders! It will improve the soil texture; structure and it will put organic material back into the soil.
- Now that the soil is ready and cultivated you can start sowing.
This is the Mr Fothergill’s seed paper Tapes which are biodegradable! They are extremely easy to use and practical for all garden skill levels. All you do is separate the strips, roll them out into a pre-prepared row like this one.
- Then lay them into the row and cover with a light dusting of soil. Give the soil a misting of water and the seeds will germinate within 7-14 days. It is super easy!
- Mr Fothergill’s Roll ‘n’ Grow is another great option for quick seed application. This is a biodegradable mat which is 2metres long by 50cm wide. The seeds are evenly spaced in neat rows and the names are printed onto the paper as well.
- To sow the Mr Fothergill’s Roll ‘n’ Grow the first step is to rake the soil and remove any larger stones. Lay the mat down and cover it over with soil and water to get your seeds growing! If you have a smaller garden bed, you can cut the mat to customise it to best fit your garden!
- The Mr Fothergill’s Seed Mats come in two sizes; this is the 8cm round discs which are compatible with a lot of different pots. Or you can use the Large Seed Mats which is a 45cm x 45cm square.
- Sowing seeds doesn’t have to be hard. It can be a great way to get the kids involved in the garden or if you are wanting to try a growing your own flowers or food for the first time! You can find the full range of Mr Fothergill’s products at your local garden centre.