Quick and Easy Pot Plant Care
Title: Quick and Easy Pot Plant Care
Broadcast: March 30, 2019
Presenter: Nigel Ruck
Pot plants are the perfect solution to bringing plants into the smallest of gardens and homes, coming in all shapes and sizes. But when it comes to their upkeep, they require a slightly different set of skill to your normal garden.
- Plants in pots don’t have the root space compared to those in the ground, so they are restricted with their reach of water and nutrients.
- A good quality potting mix, suited to the plant, is vital. Plus, regular watering and root pruning as required.
- As outdoor potted plants dry out quicker and regular watering is required, nutrients are flushed away quicker and need to be replenished with pot specific controlled release fertilisers.
- Indoor plants can suffer from overwatering, so test the moisture in the soil before watering, and avoid watering the foliage.
- Seasol Pots & Plants is a convenient, ready-to-use trigger pack and is full of alginates that stimulate growth and all-round plant health. There’s no mixing required, just spray directly onto the soil to either your indoor or outdoor pot plant.
- It’s safe to use on all plants, including natives, and can be used all year round, spraying every 2 to 4 weeks.
- The PowerFeed Pots & Plants is designed to use throughout the growing season to stimulate flowering and fruiting, as well as the growth of microbes which break down organic matter and release soil nutrients.
- Both these products are fast acting liquids which will go to work immediately when sprayed on the soil.