Title: Winter Watering
Broadcast: April 13, 2019
Presenter: Melissa King
Winter doesn’t mean that the garden shuts down. There’s still plenty of activity around and it’s important to be conscious of sufficient water to your garden during the cooler months.
- Cool doesn’t necessarily mean wet, particularly in many parts of Australia.
- There’s plenty of plants still thriving and growing in the mild weather, especially the winter veggie patch where seedlings are vulnerable to drying out.
- The Nylex 9L watering-can will evenly distribute fine water droplets due to accurate and clever design of the watering rose. Its two ergonomically designed handles allow for greater balance, stability and comfort.
- A rain gauge will help you keep a track of how much your garden has been watered naturally, and how much you may need to “top up” with hand watering. The Nylex digital rain gauge has wireless rain collector sensor that transmits data by using a low power radio frequency to the display main unit.
- The display unit stores the data over a time range to allow you to monitor and analyse the weather status for the past 24 hours. It’s designed to monitor total Hourly, Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Yearly rainfall.
- Don’t forget your indoor plants over winter. Test their soils regularly to see if they need more or less watering care. If they’re a little dusty, take them outside and give them a rinse. The Nylex Premium Multi Function Spray “mist” function will help clear away the dust and get the shine back into the leaves. Allow them to dry before popping them back inside.