Climbing & Staking Veggies
Segment: Climbing & Staking Veggies
Episode: Spring 2019, Ep03
Presenter: Bonnie-Marie Hibbs
TX Date: 21st September 2019
When growing climbing vegetables such as peas and tomatoes, it is important to make sure they have a solid structure to establish themselves on.
- Without a proper structure, your climbing plants can suffer, with wind and root damage, which can hinder their produce.
- Whites offer an excellent range of frames, including the Veggie Frame and the Free-Standing Frame.
- The frames are the perfect height for growing vegetables, and are made from galvanised steel – they’ll last a lot longer, and will be able to support the weight of your plants.
- The frames are easy to install – simply use your foot to push the frame into the ground.
- The bars are ribbed, which makes it easy for your plants to grip onto them.
- Using ties to keep your plants growing in the right direction isn’t a bad idea – the ties are flexible, strong and reusable.
- The Grip & Grow arch frame will make a fantastic decorative feature for your garden, perfect for your climbing plants or creating an espalier.