Segment: Boosting Roses
Episode: Spring 2019, Ep04
Presenter: Bonnie–Marie Hibbs
TX Date: 28th September 2019
Feeding your roses properly will help to keep them healthy and blooming.
- There are 2 main things your roses need to stay healthy. They need good access to sunlight, with a minimum of 5 hours per day, and they also need to be properly fed – they love their fertiliser, and feeding them multiple times through the growing season will do wonders.
- Troforte M’s Roses–Azaleas–Camellia’s controlled release fertiliser is specifically formulated with 60 natural minerals, as well as 14 beneficial soil microbes, including fungi.
- The probiotic microbes will repair and reinvigorate your soil over time, and will also reduce the need to use chemical pesticides and herbicides in the garden.
- The beneficial microbes help to fight against many soil–borne diseases. This will help increase the earthworm activity in your soil, which is great for aeration and drainage in the soil.
- One application will feed your roses for 5–6 months. Be sure to keep your tub of food tucked away in a sheltered, cool area – the microbes will stay active for up to 11 months after you crack the lid open.
- Make sure to water your roses well, particularly during summer. This will help them to keep better colour, the flowers will hold better on the plant, and you’ll get bigger blooms.
T: (08) 9302 1633
AS SEEN ON