Top 5 Toughest Indoor Plants
Segment: Top 5 Toughest Indoor Plants
Episode: Spring 2019, Ep04
Presenter: Bonnie–Marie Hibbs
TX Date: 28th September 2019
It can be daunting knowing which indoor plant will be best suited to you, but here are 5 beautiful plants that are sure to thrive in your homes.
- Schefflera Arboricola, or the dwarf umbrella tree, has a lovely upward growth, with palmate leaves growing at the end of the long stems. These plants can be used to add height into an empty space, or you can even grow them in a decorative pot.
- Zamioculcas Zamiifolia, the ZZ plant for short, has thick, glossy leaves. It is a bit of a smaller grower, and doesn’t need much in the way of care. It needs minimal watering – fortnightly during winter and weekly during summer. It is also able to tolerate low light conditions.
- The Philodendron Silver Sword shines with a silvery gloss foliage – although as it is a vine, you will need to give it the support it needs to grow. In addition, it will need somewhat regular watering.
- Sansevieria Trifasciata, or Mother–in–Law’s Tongue is a striking plant, even a little bit rough. It is drought tolerant, and can be grown in either well–lit or darker areas. Make sure to water it sparingly.
- The Burgundy Ficus Elastica is a tough, forgiving plant, able to survive even if you miss a water. The burgundy form grows well in brightly lit rooms, while the green forms do better in low light.
AS SEEN ON