Mowing with Ruck
Segment: Mowing with Ruck
Episode: Spring 2019, Ep05
Presenter: Nigel Ruck
TX Date: 5th October 2019
STIHL have long been the leaders in handheld garden tools, and their impressive range of battery powered lawn mowers are no exception.
- With quiet operation and zero exhaust emissions, the STIHL Battery Lawn Mowers will transform your mowing experience. The 6 mowers in the range cover all garden sizes, and they combine innovative technology with legendary performance.
- The 46cm RMA 460 V is perfect for lawns up to 350m2 in size. All you need to do to get going is flip the cover up and pop the battery into the slot. There is a slot for a back-up battery for larger lawns.
- The mower has a number of great features, such as the safety key – this will stop your kids from taking the mower for a spin. There is also the ECO button, which maximises cutting performance to preserve battery life.
- Comfort and manoeuvrability are key for long mowing periods, and the handle bar on this mower can be adjusted through 3 positions, depending on your height.
- The mower is started with the push of a button, and the large easy running wheels with ball bearings make the mower easy to manoeuvre, and distributes the weight easily.
- The cutting height on all STIHL mowers can be easily adjusted to suit your lawn’s needs, with 7 settings ranging from 25mm to 100mm. The V in RMA 460 V stands for variable speed – you can adjust the walking speed to suit your stride.
- The 60L catcher allows for more mowing and less stopping. The mower also features an option to mulch by inserting the mulching plug, or to side eject by activating the side chute.
- Once you finish, put the battery on charge for your next cut. This model of mowers can fold down, and is light enough to lift and store off the ground if need be.