Benefits of Greenhouses
Segment: Benefits of Greenhouses
Episode: Spring 2019, Ep05
Presenter: Bonnie-Marie Hibbs
TX Date: 5th October 2019
Greenhouse gardening can provide you with many benefits that go beyond that of conventional gardening, and they are easy to set up as a DIY project.
- Greenhouses can be perfect for sowing seeds, or sheltering your cuttings until they take root.
- The Holman 2m Depth Greenhouse with Misting System is simple to set up. The frame is long lasting, made from a durable powder coated metal, and it will give you 2 square metres of growing space.
- This is a bolt, screw and tool free project. Simply lay the base frame out on the ground and work from there – make sure to push the connecting pieces together well.
- The inbuilt shelf panels are a great depth, perfect for fitting your seedling trays. They are strong, able to support a lot of plants growing there.
- Adding the sprinklers is easy – once you connect it to a tap it’s ready to go. Once you are happy with how everything looks, tie the cover to the base to secure everything in place.
- The cover has a zipper door, which can be easily rolled up to allow more airflow into the greenhouse.
- A greenhouse will help you to expand your garden, allowing you to grow an exotic range of rare plants or a diverse range of food all year round. You can create a humid environment which can extend the growing season even into the cooler months.