Amazing Aloe Vera
Segment: Amazing Aloe Vera
Episode: Spring 2019, Ep06
Presenter: Dr. Shy Vishnumohan
TX Date: 12th October 2019
Endorsed by Cleopatra herself, Aloe Vera is a plant with numerous beneficial qualities.
- Aloe Vera is a succulent plant, an evergreen perennial, that originates from the Arabian Peninsula. It is cultivated around the world for agricultural and medicinal uses.
- Aloe Vera is one of the easiest house plants to grow – just about the only way to kill them is through overwatering. The plants reproduce enthusiastically, sending out shoots from their roots, called pups, which you can pull up and replant.
- The yellow sap that contains aloin is below the outer rind in the outer leaf pulp. Do not consume this – it has laxative properties.
- It is the translucent gel that has healing properties. This is used as a herbal remedy for skin diseases and as a soothing balm in cosmetics.
- This plant is easy to grow, whether or not you are a green thumb. You can plant it into a garden or a pot; just make sure to use a good, dedicated cacti/succulent potting mix, and only water when the soil is dry.
- If you want to get your hands on some Swan Valley Nursery Aloe Vera, you’re in luck – you can buy them from all leading garden centres.