Segment: Ekodeck #1
Episode: Spring 2019, Ep08
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
TX Date: 26th October 2019
Wooden decks are great places to entertain guests, and the new Ekodeck will give you an environmentally friendly, easy to manage deck.
- While you can go for softwood timbers such as treated pine, these decks are often quite short term, and are susceptible to rot, mould and ants.
- Nowadays, when plastics and waste are such a problem, it is important to be using an eco-friendly material for your deck, such as the modern composite material known as Ekodeck.
- Ekodeck is environmentally friendly whilst having the look and feel of hardwood decking – it also requires less maintenance to look good all year round.
- The Ekodeck Designer Series is made of 80% reclaimed or recycled materials, and is naturally resistant to rot, mould and termites.
- It comes in 6 main colours: Backbeach, Leatherwood, Alpine Ash, Ironwood, Riverbank Red and Estate Brown.
- Colours are set fast, and won’t fade – using the coveted Durashell coating, which gives them a superior stain resistance.
- Maintenance is a big issue with timber decks, and it can cost a small fortune to buy the decking oil to coat the natural timbers to protect them from the extremes of summer – if you don’t they’ll end up twisting, splintering, and the nails will rise. This isn’t the case with the Ekodeck.
- Ekodeck comes with a 20-year warranty.