Segment: Watering Power
Episode: Spring 2019, Ep08
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
TX Date: 26th October 2019
A good watering system is essential if you want to keep a beautiful garden, and an automated controller will make the job so much easier.
- Not all automated controllers are the same – your old controller may actually be costing you money.
- Darren Seinor’s landscape, garden design and consultation business Garden Solutions WA sees him installing the latest water-wise technology for his many clients.
- The 8 Station Rainbird Wi-Fi Timer is taking water-wise gardening to the next level, allowing users to control their watering through programming and remote controls.
- As this is a Wi-Fi controller, it can be accessed from anywhere in the world.
- Changing to a Rainbird is simple – all you have to do is take off your old controller, turn off the power to detach your solenoid wires, then install the new controller, transferring over the solenoid cables for each station.
- The app is a free download, and you’ll be able to control your whole system from your smart phone.
- The system is fully customisable – every watering zone schedule can be set with a different name, picture, frequency, start time and run time, ensuring your plants stay healthy and you have a lower water bill.
- The notification alerts help you stay in touch with what’s happening in your yard, even when you’re away from home. This can include alerts for watering events, freeze warnings or when watering has been delayed.