Let It In
Segment: Let It In
Episode: Spring 2019, Ep11
Presenter: Nigel Ruck
TX Date: 23rd November 2019
A heavily compacted lawn loses air space, reducing oxygen, water and nutrient penetration, but this is quite an easy issue to fix.
- Weeds such as bindii thrive in compacted lawns.
- Aeration sandals have rust resistant metal buckles, heavy duty nylon straps and an additional heel strap to ensure your foot remains secure while in use.
- Each sandal has 13 galvanised steel spikes - a total of 26 across both shoes, giving you excellent penetration into the soil.
- This allows air, water and nutrients to reach into the soil, improving the lawn’s health.
- The Lawn Aerator aerates by removing plugs of soil to aid water and fertiliser penetration. It has a larger core with a bit more girth, giving deeper penetration.
- The Aerator has sharpened aerator tubes, an extra-tough tubular steel head and three tines at 115mm spacings.
- One you’re finished, rake up the plugs and follow up with a sandy top dressing.