Segment: Rocks Range
Episode: Spring 2019, Ep14
Presenter: Bonnie-Marie Hibbs
TX Date: 21st December 2019
A simple yet stylish way to enhance a garden path, driveway, or even water features is to use pebbles, rocks and stones. This can diversify your garden as well as take on the harsh elements such as hot sun and strong wind.
- Bonnie picked up some bags of rocks from Whites. She is going to lay a few down in the pathway and use some in the garden beds.
- She is using these rocks for two main reasons: to stopping the weeds from rooting and taking over the pathway, but also for aesthetics: a pebbled area always conveys a neat, finished look.
- These stones are low maintenance, as you can simply rake them in to the dips to keep everything levelled. You can also easily continue the path if you choose, creating more walkway spaces by simply adding more stones.
- Another way to use stones in the garden or in pots is to lay them as a mulch. When you place them around your plants don’t have them the stems or trunks in order to avoid collar rot in the winter and sunburn in the summer.
- You can pick up an assortment of different colours and sizes to suit any garden project.