Bonnie meets Elisabeth Kingman
Segment: Bonnie meets Elisabeth Kingman
Episode: Spring 2019, Ep14
Presenter: Bonnie-Marie Hibbs
TX Date: 21st December 2019
In this episode, Bonnie visits a special garden that has been designed to utilize smaller spaces whilst achieving a biodiversity-rich green area in the heart of the suburbs.
- The garden owner, Elisabeth, is a passionate home gardener who has loved gardening ever since she was a young girl. 25 years ago, she purchased this property with her husband and started her dream garden.
- This garden is a fantastic example of how you can create a relaxing area and maximize the space you have, all whilst being low maintenance.
- Elisabeth says that a garden is a wonderful creative outlet. And she loves being out in the open where everything is peaceful.
- She has always loved the English style gardens but maintaining those types of plants can be a challenge in the harsh Australian environment. She has now started incorporating some natives in her bee gardens, which have been designed on purpose to attract these insects.
- She has placed around the garden some dishes with pebbles inside. That’s so the bees can have a drink as well as somewhere to sit on while they do it – this prevents them from drowning.