Autumn Garden Recovery
Segment: Autumn Garden Recovery
Episode: Autumn 2020, Ep 4
Presenter: Bonnie-Marie Hibbs
TX Date: 14th March 2020
Summer can be a tough season for your plants, but as we enter winter it is time to help your garden recover.
- Pumpkin plants are known for their gorgeous foliage and produce, but can burn over the summer months. This is an easy fix however – simply prune the damaged areas, removing all of the burnt leaves.
- When pruning burnt plants, make sure to wait until the end of summer. Burnt foliage can act like an umbrella in the peak of summer, helping the plant continue to grow healthily in the shade.
- Some plants, such as hydrangeas, can be transplanted if they’re getting too much direct sunlight. When transplanting, dig up as much of the bass as possible, as this will help reduce the transplantation shock.
- To aid your plant’s recovery, you can apply Seasol once a week for 8 weeks. When your plants are in a weakened state, they are more susceptible to infection, fungal and pest attacks – Seasol give plants the extra boost to combat these problems.
- When applying Seasol Super Soil Wetter and Conditioner, make sure to get it down to the base of the plant, as it will absorb into the soil where it is needed most. This improves water penetration, retains moisture at the roots and reduces the soil drying out.