Top 5 Spring Bulbs
Segment: Top 5 Spring Bulbs
Episode: Autumn 2020, Ep 5
Presenter: Bonnie-Marie Hibbs
TX Date: 21st March 2020
When it comes to bulbs, it is important to spend time forward thinking and planning, making sure that you’re picking the right bulbs for your garden.
- The elegant, colourful nerines grow well in shaded areas of a garden. If you have trees or tall shrubs with a canopy, you can plant this underneath them.
- If you love colourful, fragrant plants, freesias are the plant for you. They come in a huge variety of colours, ranging from pastels to vivid reds and purples, and are quite drought tolerant.
- The bearded iris is a resilient bulb, and can be planted in full sun amongst other perennials. You can grow them amongst other plants as a tall accent in the garden.
- Tulips love the sun, coming in a lot of colours and patterns. They have strong stems, making them great cut flowers.
- Daffodils, the king of all bulbs, are easy to grow. With very little effort, you’ll be rewarded with vibrant flowers, making them great to display around the house.