Feed your lawn this Easter
Segment: Feed your lawn this Easter
Presenter: Nigel Ruck
TX Date: 28th March 2020
Easter is the perfect time of year to prep your garden for the upcoming winter months.
- For most areas, Easter is the last chance to get lawn jobs done before the onset of the cooler months – the soil is still warm and the grass is still active enough to accept some much needed feeding.
- Compacted areas are common due to wear and tear, but can be easily fixed with a garden fork. Simply punch holes at regular intervals – be sure to check for any pipes and cables before you start.
- You can also use a spiked roller or coring machine for larger areas, which will allow air, water and nutrients to penetrate easily.
- In the warmer months, you can follow this up with top dressing. Make sure to appl it lightly to areas that need it, such as sunken sections, holes and bare patches – don’t go too thick.
- This is not just a top dress – it includes a slow release fertiliser, a wetting agent and is boosted with iron for a greener and healthier lawn.
- Your autumn fertilising can’t be missed, and is easy to do. You can broadcast and sprinkle by hand, or for faster and more easy distribution, you can use a spreader.
- Lawn Builder uses a patented time release technology that ensures the nutrients are released slowly and evenly over 3 months. This ensures stronger roots and a healthier lawn.
- Lawn Builder Lawn Thickener will complement your existing lawn by growing lush and green in winter when your lawn is dormant.