The Perfect Mow
Segment: The Perfect Mow
Presenter: Nigel Ruck
TX Date: 4th April 2020
It is important to keep your lawn and hedges properly trimmed, as this will help produce a thicker growth.
- You may want to start your garden tasks with the hedging, as youll be able to pick up some of the trimmings with your mower.
- The Murraya hedge is fast growing, versatile, dense and is known for its beautifully perfumed white flower.
- You dont need a ladder to prune the top of a tall hedge. Using a telescopic pruner, you can extend the shaft and change the angle of the cutting head.
- Smaller hedges such as a buxus should be pruned with shears, as youll get a cleaner cut. Regular pruning will encourage dense growth, keeping the hedge nice and tight.
- The rule with mowing is that you should never remove more than a third of the blade with one mow, as this will stress it too much. If your lawn is overgrown, it will take a few weeks to get it back to the normal 30-50mm.
- Its not too late for an autumn fertiliser, and remember to raise your mowing height for the winter months.