Chainsaw Road Test
Segment: Chainsaw Road Test
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
TX Date: 4th April 2020
Modern technology is making some of the hardest gardening tasks easier, with STIHLs battery-powered chainsaws leading the market forward.
- As battery technology improves dramatically, more and more home gardeners are making the switch and reaping the benefits of battery power in the garden particularly in Australia, with councils cracking down on noise from petrol powered engines.
- STIHL are at the forefront when it comes to battery powered garden tools voted number one for quality, theyre the number one selling brand of chainsaws worldwide thanks to over 90 years of German engineering excellence.
- There are six chainsaws in STIHLs growing battery powered range there is something for everyone, from home users with trees to prune, to professionals working every day in nature.
- The STIHL MSA 140 C-B is the most popular home use battery chainsaw in the range, and is one of two chainsaws in the AK system.
- The AK system boasts 9 high quality, high powered garden tools that are all compatible with the same interchangeable battery. The range includes hedge trimmers, a grass trimmer, a blower and mowers.
- The MSA 140 C-B starts at the touch of a button it couldnt be easier. It is also unbelievably quiet you wont even need ear protection so you will be fully aware of your surroundings and your neighbours wont be inconvenienced by the noise.
- Each component of the MSA 140 C-B has been optimised to deliver the best cutting performance while maximising battery runtime. It can power through up to 180 cuts of approximately 10cm diameter wood on a single charge.
- The chainsaw can go from zero to full charge in as little as 60 minutes with the optional quick charger.
- The tool-free chain tensioning allows you to tighten or replace the chain quickly and easily, and STIHLs quick stop super chain break adds a layer of safety by immediately bringing the chain to a stop when the saw feels any sudden inertia.
- Battery tools used to be heavy and tiring to use, but the STIHL battery system is incredibly light, weighing just over three and a half kilos. This is considerably lighter than the petrol equivalents and means youll be able to cut for longer without needing a break.
- STIHL products are exclusively sold through their network of expert dealers. All tools are assembled and ready to go, and your dealer will service them so theyll last for years to come. There are over 600 locations around Australia.