Ground Level Pruning
Segment: Ground Level Pruning
Presenter: Nigel Ruck
TX Date: 25th April 2020
Autumn is the perfect time to do some pruning before the cooler winter months.
- You can’t beat a good pair of secateurs in the garden – they’re great for pruning up to around 22mm, which is roughly the thickness of a finger.
- You should generally cut just above the node with a slight angle. Some people dispute this however, stating that it increases the wound area and results in slower healing.
- For thicker branches, you need a good pair of loppers – the longer handles give you more leverage and power.
- When it comes to hedges, it is important to prune regularly. This encourages dense growth and will keep your hedge nice and tight.
- Shears are the perfect tool for hedges, and good quality tools will make the job more enjoyable.
- For higher hedges and harder to reach areas, you can’t beat telescopic shears. The handles slide in and out, much like a telescope, giving you easier access.
- The Garden Gurus use and recommend WOLF-Garten products. With up to a Lifetime Warranty, WOLF-Garten tools are built to last!
- With an up to 35-year warranty, you’re getting a tool that will last for years.