Segment: All-Natural Gardening
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
TX Date: 9th May 2020
When growing plants in a glasshouse, it’s important to make sure that you’re using the correct potting mix.
- Glasshouses give you the chance to grow vegetables and fruit throughout winter, when the conditions can slow growth.
- Being a controlled environment, glasshouses are able to better protect against pests.
- You can grow your plants in raised garden beds or containers, but it is important to make sure that you’re using a great quality soil.
- Scotts Performance Natural Potting Mix may just look like dirt, but there is a lot of science going on behind the scenes - the composted ingredients and the soil’s ability to hold moisture while staying airy and friable is absolutely incredible.
- Scotts Performance Natural Potting Mix has a blend of natural probiotics and organics such as Blood n Bone, seaweed and manure, all designed to stimulate microbe growth and earthworm activity.
- The caper is actually a pickled flower bud, and they love hot dry conditions and free draining soils.
- Planting is incredibly easy – pop your plant into the potting mix and water it. The caper will do its own thing from here on out as the potting mix delivers all the nutrients required.