Story: Broccoli Romanesco
Presenter: Sue McDougall
Air Date: 22nd August 2020
Broccoli Romanesco with its large lime green heads is a stunning plant that also tastes absolutely delicious.
- Broccoli Romanesco is part of the Metro Gardeners range from Swan Valley Herbs.
- It does best in a full-sun position with a little bit of space around it, with about 40cm being ideal.
- Broccoli Romanesco can be harvested in about 14 to 16 weeks when the heads are full and compact.
- Romanesco stretches really easily so to avoid having to eat all the heads at once, you can start harvesting a little earlier by removing individual florets.
- If the Broccoli Romanesco is water-stressed, it tends to bolt to seed before developing large strong heads.
- Plant it into well-improved soil and make sure to water it regularly.
- Feed the plant to the chooks or put it into the compost once it’s been harvested.
For more information, head to