Growing Straight From the Bag
Story: Growing Straight From the Bag
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Air Date: 5th September 2020
The Richgro Grow Bag is the latest gardening innovation that is brilliant for growing tomatoes, chillies or strawberries.
- Shake the bag and loosen the soil up. This will ensure the premium potting mix inside is light, friable, and airy, perfect for strong root development.
- The black bag acts like a solar blanket, absorbing the sun and heating the soil up. Warm soil and good moisture levels are the key to great seedling growth.
- Use scissors to cut drainage holes where marked on the base of the bag.
- The soil itself is specially engineering for growing tomatoes and nutrient-hungry plants like herbs and vegetables.
- Cut the holes for planting in the top of the bag. When planting, make sure your plants are set up so the roots can take off.
- Your plants will need to be watered regularly. You don’t need to use much water because the moisture is held in the plastic.
- All the beneficial elements will stay in the soil for at least two months. After that, all you need to do is feed weekly with a liquid fertiliser.
- For better drainage, sit the Grow Bag atop an old tray.
- The Grow Bag is fantastic if you have poor quality soil or you don’t have a lot of room in your garden.
For more information, head to