Story: Purple Broccoli
Presenter: Neville Passmore
Air Date: 5th September 2020
Purple broccoli is an amazing vegetable with even more health benefits than green broccoli.
- Whenever you can get a purple form of a vegetable that is usually green, the health benefits shoot up to a new level.
- Purple broccoli should be planted about 50 cm apart in a nice sunny location.
- Try and keep it evenly moist right through the growing season.
- You can expect to start harvesting approximately 10 weeks after planting.
- Feed your plant regularly with a mixture of Powerfeed and Seasol.
- You can keep snails and caterpillars under control by hunting them down at night with a torch.
- Purple broccoli is part of the Swan Valley Nursery range and can be found at your local garden centre or Bunnings Warehouse store.
For more information, head to