Presenter: Neville Passmore
Air Date: 26th September 2020
Dahlias make a dazzling display in the garden, with striking flowers that come in a multitude of colours, shapes and sizes.
- Dahlias prefer full sun to part shade and are ideal for growing in pots and containers.
- Flowers usually take 120 days to bloom after planting and can flower for months, from summer into autumn.
- Garden Express’ dahlia collection consists of 6 outstanding varieties: Seagull, Little Angel, Tuscany, Andrew Mitchell, Fairy Floss and Nugget.
- Seagull is one of the waterlily style dahlias, with very elegant and formal shaped flowers.
- Little Angel is one of the pompom type dahlias and has very tightly clustered blooms.
- Tuscany is a brightly coloured combination of gold, orange and apricot. This is a cacti style dahlia and has striking blooms with quilled or spiked petals.
- Andrew Mitchell has gorgeous scarlet red to orange flowers. It is also a cactus dahlia.
- Fairy Floss is a giant dahlia and is sure to capture attention with its enormous, bright fuchsia pink flowers.
- Nugget has deep crimson-burgundy blooms with a black centre and is a real knockout.
- This collection is usually $56.40 but Garden Gurus viewers can get it for just $45.00, saving them 20%.
For more information, head to