Series: The Garden Gurus Spring 2020
Story: Wild Rocket
Presenter: Sue McDougall
Air Date: 26th September 2020
Rocket is a compact growing annual with attractive, multi-lobed green leaves.
- Rocket is one of the best repeat harvest crops that you can plant at this time of year.
- It has been grown as an edible plant since Roman times and has a history of traditional medicinal use.
- Today, rocket is grown for its peppery, nutty flavour and can be added to pizzas, sandwiches, salads, pasta and soups.
- Rocket grows best in part shade to full sun with well improved soil.
- It requires regular feeding with a liquid fertiliser like Powerfeed every two weeks.
- Harvest the leaves you want before applying the fertiliser. The fresh, new growth is the tastiest.
- Remove the flower stalks will encourage a longer and more productive harvest.
For more information, head to