Trimming Back Your Lawn
Story: Trimming Back Your Lawn
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Air Date: 24th October 2020
Trevor shares the latest in gardening technology that will help you get your lawn into shape this spring.
- The FSA 57 is the latest grass trimmer to join STIHL’s world-class range of battery powered garden tools.
- It is part of STIHL’s AK battery system, which includes 10 other power tools. This means one battery can be used to power all the tools you need to maintain your garden.
- The FSA 57 is light weight and well balanced. Being battery, powered, there are no cables to drag around and no fuel to mix.
- The adjustable shaft length means you can set it to suit your height for comfortable operation.
- The wire spacer guard is designed to meet the same length as the line, so you can trim right up to and around your fences, trees and play equipment without causing any damage.
- One of the biggest issues with grass trimmers is feeding line from the head and reloading new line once it’s run out, but this isn’t a problem with the FSA 57.
- The mowing head simply needs to be tapped on the ground when it’s at full revs and the new lime automatically adjusts to the correct length.
- Once the line has run out, it can be refilled without opening the housing. Simply feed through a length of line, turn the knob until it’s wound in, snip and you’re ready to go.
- Using the largest battery, the FSA 57 will cover up to 1.5km of lawn edges on a single charge.
For more information, head to