Summer Colour Ideas
Story: Summer Colour Ideas
Presenter: Nigel Ruck
Air Date: 31st October 2020
Nigel chats to Jack from Flower Power to find some colourful gardening inspiration for summer.
- Bedding Petunias are great for a splash of colour in the garden.
- African Daisies are quite popular and come in an assortment of colours.
- They’re hardy plants and with regular feeding and watering, they’ll go on through summer.
- Federation daisies have similar flowers to African Daisies and are just as tough.
- There are a lot of new cultivars coming through like The Queen Lavender, which is a short and compact variety.
- The Queen Lavender is not as strong in colour as French Lavender, being more of a pale purple.
- Mandevilla often gets confused with Dipladenia. Mandevilla is a climber, while Dipladenia is a shrub.
- Mandevilla generally comes in 3 colours: red, pink and white. Red is the most popular.
- They will flower all year round if you keep them in a full sun position with free-draining soil.