Why Build Healthy Lawn?
Story: Why Build Healthy Lawn?
Presenter: Sue McDougall
Air Date: 14th November 2020
Heading into summer, it’s important to cover up any bare patches in your lawn and stop new weeds from coming through.
- Dig out or loosen the soil to get rid of the seedbed. These dormant seeds can lay in the soil for years otherwise.
- The better the soil is, the better your lawn will grow. You can improve your soil by adding organic matter, which will help keep moisture around your lawn’s roots.
- If you have a few small areas, dig in Scotts Lawn Builder Topdress and Underlay Organic Lawn Soil.
- Lawn Builder Topdress and Underlay Organic Soil can also be used for topdressing any uneven areas, perfect if there’s any divots or holes in your lawn.
- It contains slow release nutrients that will continuously feed your lawn over a period of 3 months, as well as a wetting agent to help water soak into the soil.
- The new rolls should be level with the rest of your lawn to ensure they blend in as much as possible.
- Stomp them down to make sure their root systems are in contact with the soil and water them in well.
- Cover these areas with a fine layer of Scotts Topdress to give them a kick start and within a few weeks, they’ll no longer be visible.
For more information, head to