Presenter: Neville Passmore
Air Date: 27 February 2021
Chillies are known and eaten for their fiery flavour, but they have many health benefits too.
- Chillies are rich sources of vitamins C, A and K. They’re great for helping your blood to clot and contain dietary fibre, folate and other essential minerals.
- Reduce your salt intake by using with chillies by using them to flavour your food instead of salt or other condiments.
- Zimbabwe Bird is a compact chilli with medium heat fruit that change from green to orange and red as they age.
- Habanero Orange is one of the hottest chillies in the world. It matures to a bright golden orange colour and has a sweet, tropical fruity flavour.
- The variety Fire Cracker is a compact plant that forms clusters of small, bright, multi-coloured fruits. These turn red when fully ripe.
- Growing chillies is simple. They thrive in warm seasons and thrive in a full sun position with wind protection, rich soil, and regular feeding.
For more information, head to