Presenter: Bonnie-Marie Hibbs
Air Date: 6 March 2021
Autumn is the perfect time to start planting your Daffodil bulbs, so they're ready to bloom in the spring.
- Daffodils thrive in humus-rich soil and a position that has ample sun exposure.
- If the soil is slightly sandy, mix in a bag of aged compost to create the ideal soil for the bulbs to flourish.
- As a general rule when planting Daffodils, they need to be planted twice as deep as to what they are tall and about 2 inches apart from each other.
- If you are wanting to achieve a mass display of daffodils in your garden, plant the bulbs reasonably close to one another.
- Most spring-flowering bulbs require consistent watering when they produce their leaves.
- It’s best to reduce the amount of water you give them in winter to avoid overwatering.
- Viewers of The Garden Gurus can get two different packets of daffodils with a bonus bulb planter for up to 50% off.
For more information, head to
Garden Express Online Shop