Reducing Water Runoff
Story: Reducing Water Runoff
Presenter: Sue McDougall
Air Date: 13 March 2021
If you want amazing looking plants and flowers, having nutrient rich soil is a must. Sue shows us how to treat our soil and ensure our plants and flowers thrive.
- Early autumn is the hardest time of the year for soils to thrive because of the low moisture levels which result in soils becoming hydrophobic.
- In early autumn, earthworms and beneficial microbes, which contribute to healthy soils, travel deeper to stay cool.
- It's important to check the moisture of your soil. To test this, water an area of the garden and then put your finger down into it to see if it's dry or wet.
- If the soil is dry and the water is pouring on top or running off, then the soil is most likely hydrophobic and repelling water.
- Seasol Super Soil Wetter and Conditioner is a 3 in 1 product that allows water to sink into the soil.
- It also contains liquid compost, which helps to improve the nutrients in the soil.
- With the chance of rain increasing, autumn is the ideal time to apply Seasol around the whole garden to prevent water wastage.
For more information, head to: