Glass Vase Box
Story: Glass Vase Box
Presenter: Bonnie-Marie Hibbs
Air Date: 13 March 2021
Bonnie shows us a fun and compact way to grow beautiful spring-flowering bulbs in the comfort of your own home.
- The Vase Bulb Kit is a great way to grow spring flowers if you lack the space in your garden or live in an apartment with no garden.
- Hyacinths and Daffodil Tete Tete are the perfect bulbs for this project, as they will grow happily for weeks on end.
- When setting your kit up, place pebbles at the base of the vase to allow the plants' roots to grow through the stones and access the water.
- These pebbles will help prevent the bulb from rotting.
- Once the pebbles are placed, pour water into the vase and rest the bulbs on top of them.
- Place the vase in a dark and well-ventilated area, like a cupboard, for a few weeks.
- When the bulb’s roots start to grow, remove the vase from the cupboard and relocate it to a brighter area where it will get some exposure to sunlight.
- Viewers of The Garden Gurus can get one of 3 vase boxes, Hyacinths Blue, Hyacinths Pink, or Daffodil Tete Tete, for up to 30% off.
For more information, head to:
Garden Express Online Shop