Growing Your Own Gourmet Herbs
Story: Growing Your Own Gourmet Herbs
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Air Date: 1 May 2021
Trevor shows you how to create a planter full of herbs that you’ll use frequently in your kitchen.
- Spring onions are good for digestion. They’re loaded with vitamins, like A and C, and they’re a rich source of magnesium, potassium and phosphorous.
- Dill is also a great source of vitamins A and C. It’s jam-packed full of flavonoids, which are believed to help reduce the risk of stroke and heart disease.
- Chives are tough, flavoursome and go well in almost any meal. They are rich in folate and vitamin K, which assists in maintaining bone density.
- The trick to successfully growing edible plants in pots lies within the soil Fill your pot up 30% with a premium potting mix.
- Don’t be scared to fill almost every centimetre of the pot. These plants will enjoy the competition and that’ll make them crop faster.
- Water them in with Seasol to prevent transplant shock.
For more information, head to