Story: Indoor plants
Presenter: Bonnie-Marie Hibbs
Air Date: 8 May 2021
Indoor plants are proven to have a beneficial impact on our health and wellbeing. Bonnie has come up with the beginner’s cheat sheet to help you start greening your home.
- Hedera helix variegata is a hardy, evergreen climbing plant that’s great to have growing in a well-lit area.
- Epipremnum aureum devil’s ivy is a staple indoor plant. It has glossy yellow and green leaves and a similar growth habit to the Hedera.
- Monstera deliciosa, also known as the fruit salad plant, is a great architectural piece for your home. It can tolerate both low and bright light conditions.
- Chlorophytum is commonly known as the spider plant. It’s best suited to growing in a bright room and it requires minimal watering.
- Monstera adansonii, or the Swiss cheese plant, requires very little maintenance. They are very fast-growing and grow well in dimly lit areas.
- Spathiphyllum is the golden girl of indoor plants. It’s perfect for both bright and low light environments, and its large glossy leaves help add a splash of colour to a room.
- In a special deal just for The Garden Gurus’ viewers, you can get a selection of these plants from Garden Express for just $45.00. That’s 20% off!
For more information, head to:
Garden Express Online Shop