Story: Tubestock Plants
Presenter: Neville Passmore
Air Date: 15 May 2021
Neville pays a visit to Plantrite Nursery to get their tips and tricks for success this tree planting season.
- Plantrite Nursery in the foothills of Perth is a major supplier of tubestock in the form of Australian native trees, shrubs and groundcovers.
- Autumn and early winter are the best times to plant trees because there’s plenty of moisture in the soil that’s available to them.
- Tubestock is used commercially because it’s cost-effective, easy to handle and quicker to plant.
- Australian natives are well adapted to our climate, tolerant of our poor soil conditions, and attract native wildlife to our gardens.
- Optus Stadium is the perfect example of tubestock planting. It was put together using 380,000 forestry tubes and planted well before opening to the public.