Grass Trimming All Year Round
Story: Grass Trimming All Year Round
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Air Date: 28 August 2021
Your garden requires different tools as the seasons change, but you will always need a good grass trimmer to keep your yard looking neat and tidy.
- STIHL’s range of battery grass trimmers is one of the biggest in Australia, with an impressive eight models. Whether you have a small city block, a larger suburb block or acreage in the country, there is something for you.
- One of the latest models to join STIHL’s AK Battery Range is the FSA 60 R.
- This is a light and well-balanced trimmer, and being battery powered, there are no cables or fuel to worry about – simply pop the battery into the slot.
- The AutoCut head is a great option if you’re looking to achieve the picture-perfect edge around your garden.
- The PolyCut head is great at slashing through thicker lawns.
- The wire spacer guard is perfectly designed to meet the same length as the line, meaning you can trim right up to the edges of fences, trees and play equipment.
- An issue often found with grass trimmers is feeding line from out of the head and reloading new line – this isn’t an issue with the FSA 60 R. Simply tap the mowing head on a hard surface when the head is at full rev, and the new line automatically adjusts to the correct length.
- Once the line has run out, it can be refilled without opening the housing – just feed through a length of line, turn the knob until its wound in and then snip the line.
- On a single charge, this trimmer is capable of trimming over 1.25km of lawn edges with recommended battery.
- This level of performance is the result of over 95 years of German engineering excellence. If you’re in the market for a new grass trimmer, visit your local STIHL dealer.