Top Tips for Growing and Caring for Tomatoes this Spring
Story: Top Tips for Growing and Caring for Tomatoes this Spring
Presenter: Nigel Ruck
Air Date: 18 September 2021
Tomato growing season is well and truly with us, they’re one of the easier crops to grow and a lot of fun to be involved with the seed to plate, experience. Nigel shares his top tips for growing great juicy tomatoes.
- Tomatoes originate from Peru in South America and eventually made their way to Europe in the 1500’s, over time becoming an integral part of the Mediterranean diet.
- To grow tomatoes, select a sunny spot in the garden with well prepare friable and free-draining soil containing organics and nutrients.
- Performance Naturals by Scott’s contains all-natural ingredients including sources of nitrogen, blood and bone, seaweed and manure to improve the soil and encourage microbial and earthworm activity crucial for soil health.
- When growing from seed, follow the planting guide on the pack, it will give you depth and spacing information for planting.
- Larger varieties of tomatoes need more space. Hence, when planning ensure not to plant them too close together.
- As the tomatoes grow, use Performance Naturals Organic Based Tomato, Vegetable and Herb Fertiliser for the best results.
- The Performance Naturals range is a 100% natural and sustainable way to grow and feed your garden.
- Performance Naturals are 100% natural, and the packaging is made from 50% recycled plastic that can be 100% recycled through REDcycle.
For more information, head to: